Friday, March 27, 2009

U-Blog 4

Since my new promotion, I've found quit a few people who don't respond well to authority and who don't fully understand and appreciate rules and guild lines in order to achieve a well ran business. I have my first mandatory staff meeting as manager and look forward to leading my employees to strive to be the best. I'm finding myself having to basically retrain the staff to insure we share the saw views. Now that I have that off my chest, I really want to talk about how interesting Chapter 5 was. I've studied a bit about the theories mentioned in the book in my psychology classes, but really understanding how it affects learning in a job setting is something I never thought about.

1 comment:

  1. Douglas, I bet it is even more enlightening because you are living it, and can apply the principles immediately as you consider your fellow coworkers and their learning and motivation needs. Dr. Keane

    ReplyDelete